When Bullets and Beer first came online in 1996, Spenser had already enjoyed a popular TV adaptation and several made for TV movies. Since then, there have been a lot more. Several actors have played Spenser in various movies. Tom Selleck has played Jesse Stone in an acclaimed and successful series of TV movies. Parker's western book Appaloosa was made into a major motion picture in 2008. While he was always first and foremost an author, RBP maintained a close involvement with Hollywood for much of his career. He had writing and/or producing credits on many of the screen adaptations, and he and his sons had cameos in several.
Even ten years ago there were enough screen adaptations that B&B sorted them into different pages by category. Today there are even more.
Spenser Movies & TVEdit
- Spenser: For Hire, the primetime TV series, ran from 1985-1988.
- We should give mention to the one-season spinoff which aired in 1989, A Man Called Hawk.
- After the series' cancellation, Robert Urich returned to play Spenser in four Lifetime movies between 1993-1995.
- Joe Mantegna starred in three Spenser A&E movies from 1999-2001.
Jesse Stone MoviesEdit
- There have been NINE CBS/Hallmark Channel Jesse Stone movies starring Tom Selleck.
- Appaloosa (movie), a successful big-screen movie in 2008.